The Friends of San Clemente Foundation, formerly known as the Friends of San Clemente, Beaches, Parks and Recreation Foundation is a 501(c)(3) that was formed with the specific objective of raising the funds necessary to maintain the high standard programs and entertainment offered to the residents within the City of San Clemente.
Our Mission puts our existence into perspective, but it doesn’t speak of the passion or involvement this often grassroots effort to promote events that raise money or support the city’s efforts.
All funds raised go back into the community in a variety of ways:
- Scholarships so that kids can participate in athletic or art programs regardless of affordability
- Offer educational courses in computer technology and other software applications through the Cyber Cafe
- Host community events such as carnivals, food truck festivals, golf tournaments, main stage entertainment, movies in the park and many other fun ways for the entire family to enjoy their community
- Support city hosted events such as beach concerts, skate contests, spring eggs hunts and holiday snow hills
- Provide funds for park equipment and features such as benches, water fountains, building renovations and other citywide capital improvements.
The 100% volunteer board works hard to keep the fun thriving in our community and we hope to see you at one of our events soon.
If you’re interested in learning more by attending a meeting or volunteering to help at one of our upcoming events, please click HERE.